Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tool Talk: Ode to a Screwdriver

So, this isn't a project post. It's an "I Love My Screwdriver" post. Totally normal, right? :)

Anyway, I just had to share. I had an orange screwdriver for years, just like this one:
And then, one day, I torqued it a bit too much and snapped one of the tips. Oopsies! And another tip soon followed. It was already probably 15 years old-- possibly even more than that. And I used it a LOT. It was just time.

I had other screwdrivers, so I just used those. But I have to say, they paled in comparison to my trusty old (broken) orange one. They weren't as comfortable to use, and didn't have the convenience of the four built in tips (large and small Phillips and flathead). Sadness!

And then, one day, we were at Home Depot and I saw a display of orange screwdrivers! So I got another. I think they sell them all over the place, but that one was in the right place at the right time. And the rest is history!

Anyway, if you don't have one, and you do a lot of home improvement projects-- get one! I love using the electric screwdriver wherever possible, but sometimes you just need to use the old-fashioned kind. And the orange ones are the best! I couldn't find mine yesterday, and I nearly cried (true story!).

Also, you're welcome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment