Thursday, January 2, 2014

Back in the Saddle Again

When you know a strong winter storm is headed your way, there are a few obvious things that you need to do to prepare. One is to go get groceries. Another is to check your gas cans. Finally, head over to the hardware store and stock up on home improvement supplies, because you might as well be productive while you're snowed in!

Yes, yes... I have neglected this blog for a while. I apologize! But guess what? I didn't neglect my home improvement projects! These cold winter months are my most productive times. I've discovered that I really just want to be outdoors all the time when it's warm and sunny, soaking up the vitamin D and working in my garden. Painting a hallway holds very little appeal when it's hot and humid and our house doesn't have air conditioning! But these winter months mean a lot more indoor time... and more time for me to notice things and decide how they need to be improved upon. So, I'm back. Over the next week or so, I will share some of my latest projects with you.

Some of the highlights: I just finished installing faux beadboard wainscoting in the upstairs hallway. It is ridiculously awesome, and has changed the entire look of the hallway! The hubby and I are also in the middle of finishing up our laundry room. It only took two years, but it's finally becoming the space I imagined it could be! The hubby also created some tool storage out in the garage that I will have to show you, since I was the one who gave him the idea. It's not pretty, but it's functional (and could be pretty, if you wanted to make it that way).

Anyway... stay tuned! We are snowed in, so it's time to catch up on blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment