Tuesday, July 16, 2013

10-Minute Tuesday: Organize Your Linen Closet!

This is part of a new series I'm starting-- quick and easy projects every Tuesday!

Ok, I am not the most organized person. I don't want people to open my closets, like, EVER! I try to keep the "visible" part of the house tidy, but the closets? I tend to shove things in there and pray the door closes. Guilty as charged. And I am sort of mortified that I am about to show you my linen closet. Because it was pretty bad!

Anyway, I saw these Sterilite crates at the store the other day-- for a whopping $3.50 each. So, I bought three. One of the crates has all the "grown-up" sheets, one has the "kid" sheets, and the other has rags and hand towels. And then I just pulled the rest of the stuff out and put it where it actually belonged (that box actually has a telescope in it... totally goes in the linen closet, right?). I also found about 4 cans of paint and some brushes. Not to mention the channel-lock pliers I've been looking for for MONTHS! (by the way, channel-lock pliers are useful for SO MANY things. We have at least two pairs around here somewhere. I think we need more.).

But yeah... it really didn't take long at all, and my sheets (which were the biggest problem) are all safely tucked away in their little green crates. My soul is happy. Plus, it'll be easier to paint this closet now. Maybe I should just suck it up and do that already... SIGH...
I also have room for a lot more stuff now! hmm... For an old house, we actually have a crazy amount of closets/storage. What else do you think I should put in there?

1 comment:

  1. We started the trick for Sheet sets, put all the sheets and pillow case in one of the pillow case. Keeps them all together and stacked nicely.

    ReplyDelete